Mida Ecocamp offers accommodation for all types of people:
- There are three huts, all built in different coastal styles. The wooden Zanzibar Kibanda on two floors with beautiful views from the top resting area is a favourite with our guests.
The Swahili and Giriama huts have both concrete floors and comfortable beds with white linen and mosquito-nets. Towels and soaps are provided.
- For backpackers or campers we offer secluded shady campsites.
- We also have a separate site for overland trucks with further eight showers, two toilets and a large campfire.
- Electricity: We have opted for the more eco-friendly option of having solar power for the use of our fridge, freezer and the downstairs shower and toilet lights. Everything else in the camp is lit by kerosene lights and a large campfire next to the platform, which together with the sounds of crickets and frogs creates a beautiful atmosphere in the evenings.
- There are two showers and two toilets located in the platform area for the use of our guests staying in the huts.
We are offering seven different excursions from canoe-trips through the mangrove channels to village tours. And to give parents a bit of peace, we are undertaking a trip named ‘Little creatures for little children’.